Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Favorites of 2017

Best song:

Image result for love on the brain

Love on the Brain by Rihanna has been one of my favorite songs since it came out. I chose this as my favorite song of 2017 because I like not one the beat of the song, but also the words and the message behind the song. She s singing about how it hurts her so much to love this person, but she can't stop loving them. She feels complete with them.

Best Movie:

Image result for baby driver

Baby driver is not only one of my favorite movies of 2017, but it is one of my favorite movies of all time. It is about a getaway driver who is trying to get out of helping people steal. It is also kind of a love story about a girl he met at a diner. He falls in love with the waitress and wants to quit his "job" for her. I think it is good because i is a mix of a love story and an action movie. It keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Most Important News Story:

Image result for donald trump

I think anyone could say that the most significant thing that happened in the news category was the presidency of Donald Trump. It took a lot of America by surprise. I have to say that I am neutral about Trumps Presidency, I see good and bad things about him.

Most Important Person:

Image result for selena gomez

This is going to sound really silly, but Selena Gomez has been my favorite person ever since I was little. She is so inspiring to me. She stays true to herself, she is honest, and she is the most kind-hearted celebrity I have ever seen. She is so sweet and unlike most celebrities i know of, she is the most relatable. She goes through hard times just like the rest of us, but instead of hiding it or lashing out like most of the celebrities, she embraces it. She doesn't change herself for her fans, and she doesn't let life as a singer control her. I think she is an overall amazing person.

Sports:

Image result for football players taking a knee

NFL football players kneeling during the national anthem. I understand where these men are coming from, but they could've found a different way to protest against police. The national anthem mainly recognizes our military, and how they fought for our country. So them protesting during the National Anthem doesn't really show protest against police, it is more disrespecting the military and our country, which I think is unacceptable.


Winter Break:

During winter break, I had a New Years party at my house with my friends, I think it was really fun and it was a night I will remember for a long time. I don't really have any new years resolutions. I love the way my life is going, so I am just praying it stays the way it is for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment