Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Shutter Speed

High shutter speed:
Image result for high shutter speed


Slow shutter speed:


Image result for slow shutter speed



Questions


1. Good/ Bright Light

At the beginning while the sun was still up and the courtyard had reasonable good light

a.) a booth in the middle of the yard near the Tree


I would use a high shutter speed to capture all of the details and movements at the booth.

b.) a food booth outside under one of the big red awnings


I would still use a high shutter speed but not as high as the speed i used for the first booth because it is darker under the big red awnings. Still high enough to have a clear photo and good lighting.

c.) the Stars performance inside the gym


I would use a higher shutter speed for this because I need to clearly capture them dancing meaning the shutter speed must be very high to keep up with their movements.

d.) students dancing near the center of the courtyard


I would need a pretty high shutter speed again to keep up with their movements, but not quite as high as the shutter speed I used in the gym because I want the natural light outside to still be balanced.

e.) people streaming in from the front doors


I would use a slow shutter speed to emphasize the speed and amount of people coming in the front doors. I would take this photo from the inside that way they are flowing in toward me. 

f.) the basketball booth where students are shooting basketballs at a hoop


I would use a high shutter speed to capture students in the middle of shooting the basketball, so that you can clearly see the ball in the middle of going into the hoop.


2. Bad/Dark Light

Towards the end when there is no sun and has gotten dark enough that you can't see from one end of the courtyard to the other.

a.) a booth in the middle of the yard near the Tree

I would use a slow shutter speed with a flash to be able to clearly see the booth in the dark.

b.) a food booth outside under one of the big red awnings

I would use a shutter speed that is a little slower then the speed I used for the other booth because under the redwings will be a little darker than being out in the open.

c.) the Stars performance inside the gym

 It would be the exact same settings as I used in the daytime because the lighting will stay the same inside the gym.

d.) students dancing near the center of the courtyard

I would use a shutter speed that is barely high enough to capture them dancing clearly but I would use the flash to brighten up the photo.

e.) people streaming in from the front doors

This photo would bet set exactly the same as the settings I used in the daytime because the light inside is the same and the photo is supposed to be blurry anyways.

f.) the basketball booth where students are shooting basketballs at a hoop

I would use a shutter speed barely high enough to clearly capture the ball going into the hoop but I would use the flash to make the photo brighter.

Shutter Speed Settings:

1. "Aperture Priority" mode automatically sets the shutter speed for you.

2. "Shutter Priority" mode automatically sets the aperture string while you manually set the shutter speed.

3. In "Manual" mode, you have to manually set the shutter speed and the aperture.







No comments:

Post a Comment