Friday, September 8, 2017

Post Shoot Reflection



1. What challenges did you encounter while trying to get the photos of your first 4 prompts (Square, Metal, Happy, Bowie)

In the beginning of my photo shoot I had a little bit of trouble making my photos clear and focused, but i fixed my problem quickly. I also had trouble having a clear background.


2. What technical aspects of photography or the assignment in general (focus, framing, holding the camera, etc.) did you find yourself thinking about the most? Provide a specific example of what you did to do this correctly.


I thought a lot about having a clear photo and getting close to the subject of my photo. The picture I used for the "happy" prompt is my favorite photo because the flower is so clear you can see every detail of it, but i do wish it had a clearer background.


3. If you could do the assignment again, what would you do differently now that you know some basic rules of photography?


I would try to focus more on a simple background and rule of thirds, I would also like to try taking a photo with lines helping make my focus of the photo more clear.


4. What things would you do the same?


I would still take some clear close up photos because that is my favorite type of photo to take. I love it when a picture is so clear that you feel like you are there.


5. Finally - go back and edit your blogs with the 4 photos (square, metal, happy, Bowie), tell me what rules of composition (which you just learned about) did you end up actually achieving? Did you have any?


The only rule i noticed I followed was the lines rule, I used a lot of lines in my pictures to help bring out my main focus. I really need to work on having a clear, non distracting background.



6. Are you interested in shooting those same prompts again, why?


No, because the prompts we used didn't really give me a chance to take the types of pictures I like to take.


http://abbiesphotojournalismbl.blogspot.com/2017/09/prompt-shoot-1.html


  • Abbie has very clear, beautiful photos.
  • She is very good at following the rules of composition.
  • I do think that next time she should try to have a clear focus in her photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment