Friday, October 13, 2017

Great B&W Photographers Part 3

Paul Outerbridge



Sight: I see an egg, a wooden pyramid, a piece of glass, and a pan. These things are put together in a very unique and abstract way. In the background there is a white line which is a string.

Smell: There doesn't seem to be much in this photo that relates to smell, but this photo was taken in an art studio. The air smells like fresh wood from the wooden pyramid in the photo. And after he took this picture he cooked the egg on the pan, making it smell like a delicious breakfast!

Sound: Paul Outerbridge would be the kind of person to listen to some music while taking pictures, so there was some soft music playing. Besides that there was nothing except the sweet sounds of this photo being taken.

Taste: I taste the fresh clean air, Paul is the kind to keep a crisp clean atmosphere where he works, so the air is always fresh. The clean area makes the photo look overall more crisp.

Touch: I feel the smooth, hard surface of the wood and glass as I clean them and gently fit the glass onto the wood. The fragile egg as I balance it on the sharp point of the wood. I feel the smooth, cold pan as i secure it in the correct position with some string.




Sight: I see mostly black and white, but the yellow and blue gives it a great pop of color and really brings the photo to life. I see various shapes and textures. The objects in this photo give it a very "beachy" vibe.

Smell: I smell the salty morning air from the ocean nearby. This photo is taken in a beach house right next to the ocean early in the morning.

Sound: I hear the seagulls outside, and the soft music playing in the background. The music is very low, so that it doesn't distract Paul from taking the perfect picture. I can hear the ocean waves hitting the rocks where i got the seashell from.

Taste: The air tastes strongly of sea salt. Again, i also taste a hint of crisp clean air, everything is perfectly clean and polished.

Touch: I feel the sharp point of the wooden pyramid. I also feel the bumpy, rough seashell as i wash it for the photo. I feel the smooth, cold metal ball as I set it perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment